Wednesday, January 26, 2022

Uncle Jonesy's Cameras Podcast #44: SR-Teeerrific!

After some horrible recording conditions and some uploading shenanigans courtesy of yours truly, Wayne and I are back with a new show that we think is terrific - SR-Teerrific, that is! I start the show by discussing my purchase of a new (to me) camera, a black Minolta SR-T 102. I have two many cameras already (and I am currently trying to reduce that number - see below), but I made an exception for this camera, and if you listen to the show, you will find out why. You may even find yourself wanting one, because the Minolta SR-T camera line was really quite remarkable then and still so now. My camera came with some issues, however, and I discuss how I repaired the meter system in the show. If I can do it . . . 

I bought this camera to use!

The rear CdS cell has become unglued from the 
prism. And look how cloudy the glue is!

I re-glued it with clear epoxy, and now both cells are working
as they should.

The remainder of the show consists of what we hope is the future for the UJC Podcast:  listener interaction! Wayne and I tackle some great listener feedback and questions from some of our favorite "nephews and nieces" about resin coated photographic paper and toning, our favorite types and brands of photographic paper, and the ever-popular subject of pushing and pulling film - how to do it and when should you do it. Our goal for each show is to give all of us a chance to learn something new that can be useful and maybe even fun! 

Of course, to have a show that is based on listener interaction, we need your feedback in the form of questions, comments, tips, and stories. Sharing is caring, and you can share with us by sending us an email at unclejonesyscameras@gmail.com. Voice memos are welcome, too! Also, I try to keep all our listeners informed about future shows on our Facebook page, you can post or comment of one of our posts there. Finally, we are on Instagram, and we hope you will follow us. There is something truly special about the film photography community and how we freely share our knowledge and experience so that the community will continue to thrive. So please feel free to make Uncle Jonesy's Cameras your "community room."

Here is the link to a The Rokkor Files, a fabulous website devoted to Minolta manual focus cameras. Highly recommended.  

Although we are not a camera store or even a business at all, both Wayne and I have cameras for sale. You can see Wayne's Automatic Rolleiflex ("Baby Rollei") here.

You can see my Rolleicord Va here.

You can see my Holga 120N here.

Here is a link to a UJC blog post on pushing black and white film.

Here and here are two UJC posts about pushing color negative film.

Happy Shooting!

No comments:

Post a Comment