Wednesday, September 23, 2020

UJC Podcast #25: Interview with Mark Gilliland

©2020 Mark Gilliland
Today I recorded an interview with one of my favorite people in the world, who just happens to be an outstanding professional photographer. His name is Mark Gilliland, and like Kelley and me, he is a Chattanooga native. Mark is one of those rare people who make a living doing what he loves to do:  capture beautiful images with a camera, and in his thirty plus years he has worked in just about every field of professional photography including news, sports, features, fashion, food, real estate, and wedding photography. His work has earned him awards from Nikon, the Associated Press, and the Tennessee Professional Photographers Association. When he is not shooting for assignments, he shoots for himself, capturing patterns of light, color, lines, and shapes with an uncanny eye for beauty. His photographic art hangs in museums in Georgia and Arizona. 

I first met Mark when both Kelley and I were just beginning to return to film photography. Mark has had to put up with my constant questions, and he always more than happy to answer them. He truly loves what he does, and I find that and him incredibly inspiring. I hope you get some inspiration from our conversation. I highly recommend that you investigate his work, some of which can be see at www.markgillilandphotography.com. He is a frequent poster on Instagram and can be found @magill3179.

Happy Shooting!

No comments:

Post a Comment