Thursday, June 24, 2021

Uncle Jonesy's Cameras Podcast #33: Purple Pleasures, Leica Treasures, and Improvement Measures


Let's get some purple pictures!
Shutter Brother Kevin here, and I'm back with a brand new show. I begin the show with review of Lomography's Lomochrome Purple XR film. Lomochrome Purple XR is a color negative film that is inspirited by a rare color infrared slide film form Kodak called Ektachrome EIR, which goes by the popular name, "Aerochrome." Because Aerochrome is no longer made, and the remaining stock is highly valued by art photographers, Lomography produced Lomochrome Purple, which mimics Aerochrome's dreamy psychedelic color shifts. "Color-Blind Kevin" appreciates that many art-minded film photographers love what it does, but it just may not be my cup of tea (you can see some of my photographs with this roll here.)

Lomochrome Purple XR makes
everything groovy!

Next, I tell a tale that is every film photographer's dream:  Finding a precious camera treasure at a flea market. Once upon a time I owned a Leica ilia, but it was stolen in a home break-in. However, on a recent visit to a parking lot flea market day at a local antique store, I was amazed to find an actual Leica iiia in great shape. The seller quoted me a fair price, and now that camera has a new home!

My flea market Leica.

Finally, we all want to be better photographers, so what is the one thing we all could do to accomplish that? Find out in our latest challenge.

As always, Kelley and I love hearing from our listeners. So, send us an email at unclejonesyscameras@gmail.com or go to either our Facebook or Instagram page and leave a comment. 

Happy Shooting!

"7 Reasons You Should Own a Leica Thread Mount Camera" by Hamish Gill


No comments:

Post a Comment